Dave451
76 posts. Member since Mar 2021
19th Apr '21 - 17:38PM
Are any girls on here using Covid Rapid Flow tests?

For those who don’t know the test kits are now available free from pharmacies. They are not totally accurate but are useful in picking up cases of asymptotic Covid. They are easy, if slightly unpleasant, to use.

What do girls want punters to use these test kits before visits and what do we think about vaccination passports?
User deleted
xSofiaax
User no longer active
21st Apr '21 - 15:13PM
unfortunately you have to wait 20- 30 minutes for for the result, so are you suggesting clients turn up 30 minutes before the booking, the provider tests them, then they return to their car to await the result ?
Dave451
22nd Apr '21 - 13:52PM
Good question Sofia and I'm not sure I have an easy answer.

Covid is going to be with us for a long time and we need to work out how the sex industry can continue safely. Rapid Flow tests are one of the tools we have and, for myself, I would be prepared to do a test then wait half an hour to assure the WG it is safe to proceed. There are practical difficulties if the WG is working alone but if she is working with other girls (currently illegal in England) or with a 'Maid' then this becomes easier.

The alternative is for the punter to do a test at home and to bring along either a timed photo or the actual test thingy to show the lady. This is of course open to a minority of irresponsible punters faking the results but, perhaps naively, I believe most punters are decent blokes who would tolerate a minor inconvenience to help improve safety in our industry (punters mostly accept condoms).

The other side of this coin is the WGs testing themselves. I would be much happier, when I return to punting (soon I hope!), if the girls I was visiting could show that they have done a Rapid Flow Test in the previous 24 hours.
User deleted
stefanyhotty
User no longer active
22nd Apr '21 - 23:25PM
A problem is the test is only valid at that time and as it takes up to 5 days for covid to incubate both could be infected but showing a false- negative.
Dave451
23rd Apr '21 - 12:30PM
Thats right Stef. As you might guess there is lots of research on this and the bottom line is that rapid flow test is far from perfect but, if used by punters and WGs they will make punting safer. Here’s why.

At the start of the incubation period virus level is low and is unlikely to be passed on and may not be seen by LF tests. In the days before symptoms show up, the virus level is high, likely to be passed on and can be seen by LF tests. There is a worse case - some people have lots of virus but no symptoms. They are highly infectious over a long period but can be picked up by LF tests.

I have just had the second jab so won’t be seeing a WG for a couple of weeks. When I do, I will definitely do a LF test before each visit as I would want to reduce the risk of giving Covid to the girls and for them to pass it on. I would be very happy if the WGs also did regular tests.
SinfulXAlexa
50 posts. Member since Apr 2019
11th May '21 - 12:54PM
In theory it’s a great idea.
I’ve had this discussion with an older client.
But most clients don’t always have that extra time to get a test, wait and then come to us.
And if a client does a test before seeing a girl, would you expect her to do one before every client too? Otherwise you are still possible exposed.

I have clients pay by transfer when possible, have a shower upon entry; leave bags coats shoes etc at the door downstairs. Wipe door handles disposable water bottle instead of a glass.
It’s already a 10min + process before we start and some just do not like doing it. And then even longer clean up once said client has left.
I’d dread to think how many clients would turn down a booking due to having to go through another hoop.
Albeit a perfectly necessary and precautious hoop; it just won’t work for some.

If you have the time, and have a way to do it without causing too much delay for the girl, go for it.
Il definitely suggest it to my clients that book every week; as they have the time to do it. But short notice clients won’t bother in my opinion.

But I’m glad to hear you’ve had your second jab, I hope you have a safe time seeing someone.
Dave451
20th May '21 - 20:56PM
Thanks Alexa.

I do the test in the morning when I want to visit a girl in the afternoon or evening so it does not delay my visit. (I do a test every week even if I do not intend to visit).

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think girls would need to do a test before each client. If you had the misfortune to get infected I believe it takes a day or two before the virus builds up and you are likely to pass it on. If I'm right, then testing each morning would be enough. If anyone knows better please let us know.

Lateral Flow Tests are not 100% but it's another thing that may help reduce the spread of this horrible disease. The government has ignored the sex industrty so it's down to us, punters and girls, to work out the safest way for the industry to continue.

Sounds like you are already using good cleaning practices and I hope you, and the other girls on here, stay safe.
Dave451
27th May '21 - 11:26AM
I saw an idea on another forum. A girl on there said she has added the things she does to protect clients from Covid to her profile (cleaning, tests, vaccination status etc.).

This would help me when chosing a girl, but what do the ladies in here thing about this idea?
User deleted
User no longer active
22nd Sep '21 - 22:50PM
I test regularly, but some clients seem too adamant that ‘they’re alright’ and suspect they’re giving a lot of flannel. I do thoroughly clean my place before and after every client, they have to wear a face covering and I do too, ( although when after they arrive, I make sure we Social Distance whilst we have a chat before session begins so we can both see our faces prior to start.. I do allow for the clients face covering to be taken off at some stage during the session, but I keep mine on throughout. there’ll the cleaning of hands when they arrive too and I leave out fresh unused towels for clients use for every session. Lots of clients are happy to do this with me. Any who don’t then I just don’t see them.
Dave451
27th Sep '21 - 12:35PM
Sounds like you are following good practice Angie. There is a large independent research programme being run by Kings College and they have issued several Webinars with the results of their Covid reaserch (covid.joinzoe.com/webinar ).

Unfortunately, Covid is NOT over - roughly a football stadium of people are getting it every day, and these are just the ones the NHS knows about. There is also a high risk a new variant, which may be more dangerous, could enter the country and if it spreads would put us back to square one :-( I am not a health care professional, but here are some suggestions to improve safety in our industry;

PUNTERS
* Get fully jabbed
* Do a lateral flow test within 24 hours of a punt. If it's positive, or you have symptoms (see Zoe research web site), cancel your bookings.
* Shower before going to visit a girl
* Hand Gel before going in, wash hands after entering if you can
* Wear mask until session starts, especially if there are other people in the place.

GIRLS
* Get fully jabbed
* Do a lateral flow test each day before starting work. If it's positive, or you have symptoms (see Zoe research web site, above), cancel all your bookings until you get the all cear.
* Shower before each visit.
* Hand Gel and wash hands frequently.
* Wear mask when punter arrives until session starts
* Open windows etc. between punts. I appreciate it is important to have a warm bedroom, but good ventilation is important.

I am sure this list is not complete so does anyone have other suggestions to help keep us all safe?
User deleted
Angie55
User no longer active
27th Sep '21 - 22:30PM
All great suggestions Dave !
But how many will tell the truth about the doing lateral flow tests daily? I know what I do, but afraid can’t really rely on what others say they’re doing.. and say for example a girl was to test positive and then get in touch with clients who’ve visited them, would they self isolate? I’d hope that they would.
It’s just so very uncertain really. I do ask questions and would expect clients to ask questions too prior to meeting anyone. I suppose a degree of trust comes into place here too.
User deleted
Angie55
User no longer active
27th Sep '21 - 22:33PM
Or, if a client tested positive, would he get in touch with the ladies he’s visited? I would like to be told and of course I would notify a client if I tested positive.
It’s quite scary really..
SubmissivePetRose
20 posts. Member since Apr 2020
5th Oct '21 - 10:49AM
In all honesty I'm more concerned about catching the flu or the common cold this winter than covid from a client.
User deleted
Angie55
User no longer active
6th Oct '21 - 11:05AM
If that’s the case, get a flu jab and take Echinacea as it helps strengthen the immune system and helps with nasty colds.. x
Dave451
6th Oct '21 - 19:24PM
Rose - you are right, this is likely to be a bumper year for colds and ‘flu, but Covid is still at a very high level and very nasty. Many of the precautions against Covid are also effective against ‘flu and colds so if you keep doing them you are more likely to stay well.

Angie’s advice is good - get a ‘flu jab and of course the Covid jabs.
Dave451
14th Oct '21 - 11:35AM
New research has shown that Lateral Flow Tests are more effective than first thought at detecting Covid. They are particularly effective at finding people who are at most risk of spreading the disease. www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58899612.

We all want to make this industry as safe as we can. There is still a lot of Covid about so I would urge all punters to do a test before visiting a lady and for all ladies to take a test each day before starting work. If you get a positive then of course you should cancel any appointments and self-isolate. There is lots of good information on the Zoe-Covid web site: covid.joinzoe.com/home3

Lateral Flow Test kits are available free from chemists and only take a few minutes to do. The instructions are very clear and tell you what to do if you test positive.

This thread is now closed