STI Home Test Kits

mcgillis
9 posts. Member since Mar 2022
16th Jun '22 - 22:37PM
I’m not sure if this is the correct area to post but I couldn’t find a suitable section.

On another thread a home test kit was mentioned and I’m intrigued.

I see that it’s available in my area and it’s free. How easy are they to use? Do you have to stick a cotton bud up your own jackeye. I’m going to get myself tested very shortly, I’m just waiting until it’s been a couple of weeks since my last punt, and the thought of sitting around my local gum clinic for at least a couple of hours isn’t that enticing!. I would love to hear about anyone’s experience with these and whether to bother.
TheMoloch
TheMoloch
9 posts. Member since Apr 2022
18th Jun '22 - 02:31AM
Its great they send the pack out first class, you provide a urine test and a blood test, you have to stab your finger to get the blood out, fill up the pot and send back, results back by text. Received on Friday, posted Saturday got result the wed 9am.
Jayuk
Jayuk
13 posts. Member since Oct 2020
18th Jun '22 - 14:21PM
freetest.me
MrAndersons
13 posts. Member since Jul 2020
19th Jun '22 - 08:12AM
Only for 16-24's
PostmanPatric
PostmanPatric
10 posts. Member since Jul 2020
21st Jun '22 - 12:31PM
just make up your age :)

they don't check
champaine
7 posts. Member since Sep 2021
23rd Jun '22 - 10:41AM
Tried one of those once but could not fill up the vial with blood from pricking my finger, never got a result back.
mightymeat
15 posts. Member since Jun 2020
24th Jul '22 - 14:25PM
I had a home testing kit. I failed to get enough blood in the vial and found the process more an utter pain to do rather than painful.
FunTimeBlonde
7 posts. Member since Sep 2020
24th Jul '22 - 15:29PM
They are an absolute pain in every way, for a couple of days every couple of months my fingers are sore and bruised from doing this.

I can only advise,
Make sure you are hydrated
Make sure the room and you are warm, possibly after a shower.
Take a brisk walk or dash up and down the stairs a few times just to get the blood pumping a tiny bit faster before you begin
Relax and make sure you keep your hand lower than your heart, I would recommend setting everything up so you can be stood up to do this.

Good luck 👍
mickeymagic
8 posts. Member since Feb 2022
24th Jul '22 - 19:30PM
If you're squeamish of blood maybe go for a clinic visit, but the process is reasonably straight-forward. There's a device that takes a pin prick, so will only ever be drops.
Hardest part is getting enough for the sample. I found after a hot shower, and strangely using the very tip of your finger rather than the centre, seemed to help.
handsomemann
handsomemann
8 posts. Member since Dec 2021
6th Jan '23 - 09:40AM
Are these still available now lockdown is over?
ArcticFlower
ArcticFlower
177 posts. Member since Mar 2022
7th Jan '23 - 00:58AM
You mean STD?
fishyfoos
fishyfoos
17 posts. Member since Oct 2020
8th Jan '23 - 13:36PM
STD is outdated as disease now relates to things like Diabetes, Hypertension, Dementia, Coronary artery disease, Sickle cell, Motor nueron disease..etc, not things you catch like covid, the flu or the clap witch are infections.
Thesexycouple
9 posts. Member since Apr 2023
22nd Apr '23 - 11:26AM
you can get them for free from the nhs
PotentSperm
11 posts. Member since Jun 2020
24th Apr '23 - 21:56PM
can you order a bulk supply?
User deleted
sexycouple
User no longer active
25th Apr '23 - 15:29PM
DavidKnott
8 posts. Member since Sep 2021
30th Apr '23 - 16:33PM
of course if you take the free nhs option you will most likely never get a result back.

This thread is now closed