Prostitution and crime?

lenlusty
13 posts. Member since Nov 2021
5th Apr '22 - 00:16AM
This was some time ago, a friend of my had a retired uncle that was complaining about a woman prostituting in the flat next to him. Being a punter, I didn't have a problem with that myself, but he did mention that it can cause trouble, say attracting a bad punter and things like that.

I remember one flat I came to once, and the neighbour clearly knew what was going on, she was opening the door and watching me enter, the girl made excuses and said she was a friend - yeah right.

Okay, I imagine if your a someone with a family, then you''d rather not be living next to a brothel. There's also the crime element, as say those people traffickers, working girls with a drug problem, and those bad punters. Been to some good places, but then again, visited some dumps, but frankly, my attitude is more live and let live, consenting adults, and as long as it's quiet and minding their own business, then I'm fine with it. And from what I can tell, even the Police can be like that as well.

How about your experiences and thoughts on this?
User deleted
DatWabbit
User no longer active
5th Apr '22 - 13:34PM
This is why Germany has the right idea

Set up a cul-de-sac neighbourhood, e.g. Stahlstrasse in Essen, and it's 100% prostitutes, no neigbours to be bothered, police nearby so no issues of drugs nor violence, doctor comes once a week, sexual health nurse on site every day

They even make sure Google Streetview isn't allowed down there, and there's free parking at the entrance
Jacksaint
13 posts. Member since Jul 2020
9th Apr '22 - 23:56PM
Just like the red light district in Amsterdam.

I heard the Roman's had a system like that as well, brothel's regulated and it was open, almost one on every high street.

This thread is now closed